Every UnrealScript programmer knows that when it comes to editors, the choices are slim. Even harder to come by is support for things like autocomplete, Intellisense, and the features that you’d expect out of a high-end IDE in any other programming language. That’s why I started Onyx. Built from Java, it can run on any OS with JVM installed. And what’s more, syntax highlighting and Intellisense are just around the corner.
- Works on Windows AND Mac!
- 16 beautiful themes!
- Class tree viewer links to UnCodeX!
- UnrealScript syntax highlighting
- Support for multiple open files in separate tabs
- In-editor compiling, options to run UDK Game
- Tab/space conversion and cleanup
- Toggle seeing whitespace (tabs/spaces)
- Bracket auto-complete and folding
- Intellisense (currently loaded with C-library, so it’s kind of useless)
- Drag-and-drop to open files, open multiple files, open from the command line
(2-16-2013): Onyx IDE source code now on GitHub. Here’s the relevant blog post.
(4-11-2012): Mac application version now available!
(4-6-2012): Partial Help topics, numerous bug-fixes, Windows executable version
(3-4-2012): Added in-editor code compiling and UDKGame launcher (Windows only)!
(2-18-2012): Added full UnrealScript syntax highlighting!
(2-15-2012): Fully loaded class tree, double-click tree node to link to UnCodeX online!
- Class Tree Viewer — Source directory tree with ability to toggle to class tree
- Intellisense — At least support for basic, most-used functions and keywords, although full object-oriented sensing is possible
- Windows-only Options — Adding extra compile and run options via a separate menu, adding more intelligent file checks
WANT TO HELP?
Making the class tree and Intellisense libraries will be a real pain! If you want to help ease the burden, or if you want to help with coding, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Futrell (RSyntaxTextArea: syntax highlighting, code folding, autocompletion)
Michael Hagen (JTattoo: custom Java window themes)
JAlbum (portions of base code and RSyntaxTextArea integration)