I’ve been MIA for quite some time, mostly due to a trip and sickness. Before the trip, though, I managed to start messing around with the backend for the game I’ve been working on. And, sadly, I found that Gemini was sorely lacking for my needs.
I made Gemini a while back as an experiment — nothing more — and maintained it with the hopes that I could use it for all of my games in the future. Almost two years later, Gemini has held up surprisingly well (even in several “commercial” projects), but for one of its original purposes it has sorely failed.
Gemini looks like it will need some surgery. So I’m holding off on game development for the moment and turning my attention back to online game services and App Engine. Progress report to come later.